Thursday, May 14, 2009

countdown to 10 year high school reunion is at 48 hrs. I am apprehensive about it, but more in the way one is apprehensive about a party where one will not know many people rather than a "oh god, now is the time to reflect on all I have not achieved. I am going to feel so overshadowed" sort of way. It is the same mild social anxiety that typified high school. I am not bringing springydog. in part as a self-conscious rejection of the trope of showing off one's partner at reunions, and it part because the trip will be expensive and, I suspect, boring for her.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

yeah it really is a strange phenomenon. I will be in the same city as you all this weekend but NOT at any of your official reunion events. Which is to say, meet you in Joey's hot tub?

Jake said...

My least favorite part will be seeing people whom I literally don't remember at all. Especially faculty.

Fletch said...

Sorry, are we planning on spending lots of time at the official events?

Wade Garrett said...

The showing-off of significant others is my least favorite part of reunions, narrowly beating out the smug assholes who show false modesty about how much money they earn.