Tuesday, November 10, 2009

As Long As We're At It, O.J. Simpson Is A Free Agent, Let's Offer Him A Contract Too

Forgive me, Darryl, for I have sinned . . .

There are now widespread rumors throughout the NFL that my beloved Buffalo Bills may trade for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick. If they do so, they would start an offense putting both Michael Vick and Terrell Owens on the field at the same time. If this happens, I may just throw in the towel and start cheering for the New York Giants.

I'm a loyal guy, and, despite their decade of losing teams, the Buffalo Bills have brought me a lot of joy over the course of my lifetime. There are a lot of reasons why we cheer for certain professional sports teams instead of others, but regardless of what geographic, racial, socio-economic, and personnel issues are in play, the bottom line is that we root for teams that we find likeable and fun to watch. With Michael Vick and Terrell Owens, the Bills would be neither of those two things, even if they succeed in winning a few more games than they would with the double non-threat of Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick at quaterback.

I will now go say four Hail Marys, two Our Fathers, and watch the second half of the Oilers comeback game on VHS tape three times before going to bed.

1 comment:

Senor Beavis said...

I can top you. If the Skins sign Larry Johnson, famous woman-beater and gay basher, I will break into the Chicago Botanical Garden and find some hemlock.