Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hate Will Set You Free

I hate the New England Patriots. I hate how the referees protect Brady and never call Moss for offensive pass interference. I hate how Wes Welker's talks trash non-stop, and how his jersey is disproportionately popular because white people think he's scrapy and over-achieving. I hate Bill Belichek's smug demeanor and bad sportsmanship, and how he illegally used a camera to spy on opposing teams. I also hate his wardrobe of gray hooded sweatshirts, which is a deliberate fashion choice intended to say "I work so hard studying film that I don't have time to dress like an adult." I hate how Bill Belichek refuses to make eye contact or say anything to opposing coaches when he engages in the league-mandated handshake after games. I hate how the NFL chose not to punish the Patriots for Spygate, but will fine the Titans' owner for flicking someone the bird. I hated how they ran up the score against inferior teams, yet took no apparent joy in winning. I hate pretty boy Tom Brady and the bullshit hooded sweatshirt-under-sportcoat fashion trend he helped popularize. I hated how Willie McGinest used to fake injuries to stop the clock, and I hate how broadcasters never called him out on it. I hated Rodney Harrison's blatant cheap-shots, and how the Patriots' secondary got away with defensive pass interference penalties so often that the NFL made defensive pass interference a "special point of emphasis."

I love the fact that 'defensive genius' Bill Belichek did not trust his defense enough to punt the ball on 4th-and-2 deep in his own end, which would have forced the Colts to go 70 yards for a touchdown in two minutes against a nickel defense. And I REALLY love the fact that the Colts are 5-1 against the Patriots since the league placed extra emphasis on defensive pass interference.

No offense intended, Paul.

5 comments:

8yearoldsdude said...

David Wright sees nothing wrong with inflated jersey sales based on race.

Anonymous said...

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/11/belichicks-4th-down-decision-vs-colts.html

Weren't the Patriots stripped of a first round pick and wasn't Belichick fined $500k for Spygate?

Paul Smecker said...

If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you

Anonymous said...

cheating is worth four middle fingers and a draft pick?

Wade Garrett said...

Anonymous is more or less onto what I was trying to get at.