Thursday, February 4, 2010

emo evening thoughts

if we all get e-books, can we still have free lending libraries? Will we just download files that will self-destruct after 2 weeks? What about waiting lists, will libraries buy a certain number of licenses for each book?

Joan Didion's "play it as it lies" is great. I'll elaborate on this later, but it has been a while since I was reading a book I couldn't put down.

So is it safe to assume that 75% of the "clothing and accessories" section of Craigslist is stolen? Especially the stuff "with tags." Did CL revolutionize the business of fencing stolen goods?

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I don't see why anyone would try to sell clothing on Craigslist. Something cheap wouldn't be worth the 45 back-and-forth e-mails; something expensive would probably net a higher price on eBay.

The NY Public Library already has limited licenses and queues for its e-books. I imagine better funded public libraries may even one day stretch to lending out e-book readers, but it's sad to think of all those empty buildings.

8yearoldsdude said...

it seems to me that you have to provide much better documentation of who you are in order to sell on ebay--which would make you imminently more trackable if you are selling stolen good. but I am not the expert on this.

Senor Beavis said...

Stolen goods online is the new online prostitution.