Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekend Links

The past two weeks have been really busy; we haven't posted very much. Hopefully, we'll get things back on track this week. Here's a big dose of links to (hopefully) make up for lost time.

The AV Club's Nathan Rabin discusses Quentin Tarantino's Grindhouse in the latest installment of My Year of Flops. Grindhouse is one of my favorite movies of recent years - my original review of it is a little gushing in retrospect, but I'm glad to see that, despite its lack of commercial success, it has held up well over time.

The New Yorker's Susan Orlean has started a blog, Free Range. Add it to your favorites - its really good.

The NCAA Tournament is almost over, but its never too late to enjoy a Gus Johnson soundboard.

Jakob Dylan(!!!)'s new album, Women + Country, comes on out Tuesday, and he appeared on NPR last week with Kelly Hogan and my future wife Neko Case to sing a few songs off of his new album. Even though Neko looks disheveled and half asleep, she still sounds like Neko, and that's good enough for us.

Not new, but new to us - Blender Magazine's 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born.

The National - "Anyone's Ghost"

2 comments:

Senor Beavis said...

I have a mad crush on Kelly Hogan, so there may have to be some scheming involved.

Wade Garrett said...

I'm down. Oh yes, she will be mine (or, they will be ours!)