Monday, January 2, 2012

Red Flag!

NBC has turned off embedding on this video, but Saturday Night Live's "Red Flag" is the best fake advertisement they've done since the legendary "Schmitt's Gay." I love the male leads' reaction shots, particularly the way that Jason Sudekis spits martini back into his glass after hearing that Kristen Wiig lived in Las Vegas for eleven years. Also, like the "you know how I know you're gay?" scene from the 40 Year-Old Virgin, the signifiers of craziness they pick are clever and funny and show first-hand experience with meeting women in night clubs. I just loved this skit.

Thanks to Jake Taylor for recommending the clip.

1 comment:

8yearoldsdude said...

That feels like a pretty close offspring of "Bad Idea Jeans." but I liked BIJ enough that I still say it 20 years later. So this was A-OK with me.